small steps

small steps

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Change.

Change has always been a struggle for me in one way or another. I was the kid who cried at the end of 5th grade because I was sad to leave my elementary school. Sure, I was excited about middle school and beyond but the change was still hard. I try to stay up with technology the best I can--I am an iPhone girl after all. But still, it changes all the time and as soon as I got used to Facebook, Twitter arrived.

Honestly, most of the time I avoid conversations about Twitter because I'm not ready to set up an account...it's more change...it's more to keep up with. In the long run do I know it's probably not that hard to set up/follow/use...yes. Do I know that it could keep me more connected...yes. Do I also realize that opening a Twitter account isn't one of the most earth shattering changes that could happen in my life...yes. But yet there's still something about making the transition that continues to keep me hesitant. So instead of the leap into the world of Twitter, I'm taking a smaller step into the blogging world. A step I've taken before for different ministry purposes but have never been disciplined enough to stick with. It's a little more familiar to me. A little less of a change.

I love starting out my devotion time every day in Psalms or Proverbs. Psalm 38:9 struck me today: "All my longings lie open before you, Lord..." The truth of that hit me hard. More than anyone God knows me best. He created me. He knows my heart, my desires, my struggles & shortcomings. He knows my struggle with change. He knows and holds the plan for my life. I'm so thankful. I'm thankful for a Father and Creator who knows how weird I could be about something as silly as being hesitant to open a Twitter account and yet He loves me with an amazing, unconditional love that I can't fully grasp or put into words.

So, here I go with a small step. I hope this blog can be a place to journal and share with others more about the wonder and greatness of our Creator who walks beside us in the small steps and changes of each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment