small steps

small steps

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Blessings

I'm going to try my best every Friday to post some blessings from each week. I don't always do a very good job of slowing down and thanking God for the great things He is doing all around me on a daily/weekly basis.

1. My co-workers & staff at CUMC. I really love working as part of a big church staff. I love that I have co-workers who are my friends and pop into my office & I can pop into their office. It's a blessing to be in ministry with the people that God has placed into my life & I know I take many of the little things they do to help me for granted.

2. A little boy full of courage and love named Luke. He was one of the kids at VBS this year who loved the 500 miles song and I loved watching him dance and sing it & hear him ask me when we would sing it again. Tomorrow we will celebrate his 8 years of life on Earth and celebrate His eternal victory in Jesus.

3. My bff got an iPhone today & now we can try out the Face Time feature. We may be out of control with that...it's the little things.

4. My mom sent me a hand written letter this week. I love my mom's handwritting and I love how she can totally lift my spirits after a long day through a couple of sentences in a card.

5. My friend, Penny had saved the final episode of Oprah on her DVR for me since May and I finally got to watch it with her on Sunday night. I don't necessarily agree with everything Oprah says/does but what girl doesn't love an episode of Oprah every once in awhile. It meant a lot to me that Penny saved that episode for months on her DVR for me and watched it again with me...she rocks.

6. This promise: "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-- I'm so thankful for a Father in Heaven whom gives me endurance & that can move in my life so that I may strive to look more like His Son. So, thankful for the grace God extends to me in striving to live that promise out...when I fail over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment