small steps

small steps

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spreading the love.

Just wanted to share with ya'll a short post highlighting three ministries that I love. I know that there are probably thousands of organizations that spread love & truth in the world by being the hands and feet of Jesus. These just happen to be three that I follow & support. So, if you're looking for a different way to spread the love this Valentine's Day, there are many ways to support these ministries whether through prayers or financially. This is where my Valentine card money went this year. Happy Valentine's Day!

1. http://amazima.org
Check out what Katie Davis & the Amazima ministry team is doing to share the love of Jesus in Uganda. There are awesome ways to be get plugged in stateside as well! Katie's story has had a huge impact on my heart & life...not because she claims to be anything spectacular but because she claims Jesus and His calling for her in everything she has done & continues to do. She is constantly giving God the glory for the amazing ways He is using her in Uganda. Katie's example of faith has opened my eyes and heart in new ways to Christ's calling for my own life.

2.http://www.startwithonekenya.org
Start with One Kenya is one of the ministries I was blessed with the opportunity to be apart of during my time in Kenya last summer. The passion of this ministry is so incredible that it can only be the work of Christ fueling the fire and light of the Start with One team to the people of Kenya. One life at a time they are sharing the love of Christ by helping widows & orphans, distrbuting water filters, holding medical clinics, etc. I look forward to the day that I can go back and work with this awesome team!

3. http://inumc.org/pages/detail/185
As a part of the United Methodist Church is exciting to see what our denomination is doing in the US & around the world to share Jesus through meeting the needs of those with so much less or who are facing hard times. Check out what the United Methodist Church is doing through missions in Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment