small steps

small steps

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Timing.

Well, I've been a bit of a blogging slacker. I've been thinking about a blog post ever since we hit 2012 over a month ago but haven't taken the time to sit down and write one & then today my co-director, Joe posts on his blog that it's 100th post & I really start to feel like a slacker...so here it is, my first post of 2012.

I mentioned in my very first post on this blog a couple months ago that I'm not a fan of change. I struggle with it--but time and time again when I have given my fears and worries to God in the changes I'm facing He never fails to remind me of His greatness & His control. I should know by now how perfect His timing is for me but there are instances where yet again I get caught up in inpatience, worry and fear. I'm thankful that God's Word is available to us because I know without it I get so bent out of shape and am continually needing it to draw me back in and remind me of the freedom I have through trusting God with the changes in my life that are out of my control & that His timing for me is best.

Last night at Bible study, I was reminded of that once again when we were looking at the passage in Luke 9 when Jesus feeds the 5,000 that were gathered to hear him teach. I love this passage because I can picture myself in this crowd being someone there who would be stressing out how to feed everyone...thinking it would be impossible. And in this story there is the reminder of how nothing is impossible to Christ. That He provides for us & gives us more than we need. I love verse 17: "And they all ate and were satisfied. And what was left over was picked up, twelve baskets of broken pieces." There were baskets of leftovers after thousands of people had eaten so much that they were satisifed! That is the greatness of Jesus--He knows our every need & wants to satsify it for us with more than we can imagine.

Recently, God has been reminding me the beauty of His timing for me and let me say, I haven't been the model example of patience. It's been heart wrenching at times. I can think of time spent on my knees in surrender for His timing for my life & the glimpses He is giving me recently of the bigger picture have been a great reminder of His provision. That what He has instore for me is always worth the wait and maybe it's just around the corner and maybe it's a little further down the road. The peace I've had in the past couple of weeks is that knowing what that next step holds-- is worth the wait.

"But do not overlook this fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you..." 2 Peter 3:8-9a

No comments:

Post a Comment