small steps

small steps

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Higher & Deeper.

I am not music savvy at all. I love good music but usually it's introduced to me by someone who is music savvy. I tend to find something I love and then listen to it over and over until the next recommendation comes my way.

I very rarely listen to the radio because I'm usually sucked into whatever mix I have on my ipod or listening to a podcast or the CD in my car's CD player but for whatever reason about 6 months ago I turned the radio on during a longer drive and heard a song by the band, All Sons & Daughters. I loved it.

I've listened to them on and off since then but when I realized they'd be leading a portion of worship at the Simply Youth Ministry Conference that I attended back in the beginning of March I downloaded an album and started listening more in preparation for seeing them live--and what a treat that was. They were one of my very favorite parts of the conference.

All that to say, if you're reading this--you should check them out. I rarely do plugs like this but their music has been such a ministry to my life and heart.

Their song, Called Me Higher is the song of my heart right now. These lyrics are so powerful, I wanted to share them this morning. I'm also sharing a video about how this song came about & then the song itself.

Happy Tuesday!

Called Me Higher




  • I could just sit
  • I could just sit and wait for all your goodness
  • Hope to feel your presence
  • And I could just stay
  • I could just stay right where I am and hope to feel you
  • Hope to feel something again
  • And I could hold on
  • I could hold on to who I am and never let You change me from the inside
  • And I could be safe
  • I could be safe here in Your arms and never leave home
  • Never let these walls down
  • But you have called me higher
  • You have called me deeper
  • And I will go where you will lead me Lord
  • You have called me higher
  • You have called me deeper
  • And I will go where you lead me Lord
  • Where you lead me
  • Where you lead me Lord
  • And I will be Yours
  • I will be Yours for all my life
  • So let Your mercy light the path before me




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment