small steps

small steps

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Provision

                                                                                             (joegarrisonphotography)

No matter how I often I turn to fear or doubt or worry...which honestly is often, God always shows up. God always cares. God always provides.

Again and again throughout the winding roads of my walk with Him, in the moments that has seemed the saddest and the hardest, I can look at them now and see His hands and mercy all over those tears, sleepless nights & just crazy times of pure fear.

God's provision kind of blows my mind. I was gently reminded of it again last Sunday evening when I heard a student walk over to my co-director after he was done leading the teaching at our worship night and say "That message was exactly what I needed."

God provides for others through US...that is even harder for me to wrap my heart around sometimes. He loves us too much not to allow us to be apart of His work. What a gift.

It's easy to allow my heart to make excuses to be used sometimes and instead turn to judgement and criticism..."Well, we can't provide that because we don't have this..."or "If we only were like..."--that kind of attitude is an easy trap to fall in.

I love the example Jesus shows us when he called the disciples to follow him. He didn't ask them to go to boot camp first. He didn't tell them to take 6 months to pull it all together. He simply asked them to come & follow him...to trust that he would provide what they would need along the way--to be willing to work with him.

Trusting in God's provision and timing, I'm learning is a continual, life long work in process--but one I can't imagine being any sweeter to continually surrender along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment